An short introduction to some our work and services
- Every year, the Uppsala Student Union allocates substantial sums in financial contributions to various student associations, and Uppsala Student Union also has a number of scholarships and grants that students can apply for.
- We have Sections which are working on different campus with the intention to close the gap between Uppsala Student Unions activity and the students thus making it easier for the students to influence the situation at their faculty and being closer to help at a more local level.
- We have Student Liaison Officers that help you with problems that occur during your studies.
- PHD Students go to the Doctorand ombudsman (read more about PHD students here).
- In the 1920s, the newspaper Ergo was founded, which in the 1940s became the newspaper of Uppsala Student Union. Today our newspaper Ergo also has a website and various digital news flows and newsletters.
- Uppsala Student Union manages the country recreation site Norreda Torp, a picturesque group of old houses by a lake in the forest south of Uppsala. Norreda Torp can be rented by students at very attractive prices. Furthermore, the Student Union is the majority stockholder of the Studentbokhandeln bookshop, whose competitive prices has effectively held student literature prices on a relatively low level here in Uppsala for years.